GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) suitable for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition, and image authoring. It is a powerful piece of software with capabilities not found in any other free software product. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert-quality photo-retouching program, an online batch-processing system, a mass production image renderer, or an image-format converter. GIMP is modular, expandable, and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image-manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
- A Free Alternative to Photoshop®
- Has all essential design tools
- Advanced Photo Scripting Capabilities
- Powerful Image Manipulation & Editing
- Completely Free With No Ads or Spyware
- Operating System: All Windows Versions
- Browser Requirements: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- System Requirements: Very Low Resources
- Installation Type: Powered by Optimum Installer
- Download Size: 76MB
- Version: V2.8 The Latest Full Version
- Software Price: 100% Free To Use
New In This Version
The latest version expanding on the already excellent feature set of it’s previous versions. With a few bug fixes and a bunch of new features including enhanced Microsoft Office file support this release is running smoother than ever.
Why Choose GIMP?
With the source code first released nearly ten years ago, the software has long been the industry standard in Office Suites. Offering a wide array of features – all open source and free it’s no wonder it’s used by millions around the globe.
- Click the Download Now button above
- Click Run or Save File in Firefox/Chrome
- Click Run again, or Double-Click the File
- Press Allow to any any security prompts
- Follow the easy installation insructions
- The software is now installed successfully!
- Uninstall Instructions available here
“The volunteer developers of The GIMP have been working hard to develop a polished, user-friendly, and freely distributed image editor. Although the separated palette windows may disturb those users who are used to more traditional layouts, your comfort level should grow exponentially as you discover how pain-free the program is.” – CNET Reviews
“If you’ve never used Photoshop, GIMP is a worthy program for image editing and manipulation. If you’re a Photoshop expert, and have either become disillusioned with Adobe and/or its habit of making you $700 or so poorer on a regular basis, GIMP is still a viable alternative.” – PC World
User Agreement can be found here